Council has introduced eNotices – electronic delivery of Rate and Water usage accounts. The benefits include: Fast, Free, Flexible, Convenient, Secure and saves the environment!
To register for eNotices, have your username and password ready (as included with the Annual Rate Notice) and click on the following link: https://bellingen.savemail.com.au.
All rateable land is subject to an ordinary rate. The land value of your property is one of the major factors in the determination of the ordinary rate you pay. Your land value is supplied to Council by the State Government (Valuer General's Office) with new values provided every three years. The amount of rates levied is also determined by the rating categorisation of your property.
The Local Government Act states that all rateable land must be categorised into one of four rating categories (Residential, Business, Farmland or Mining) and this is displayed on your rate notice. View the categories Bellingen Shire Farmland Criteria (PDF)
Introduction of the NSW Emergency Property Levy
- Application for Review of Fire & Emergency Services Levy (FESL) Classification
- Change of Address Form - Updated January 2016 (PDF) (102 KB)
- Application for 149 and 603 Certificate (2016/17)
- Pensioner Concession Application - updated 2015 (PDF) (416.31 KB)
- Hardship Application Form (PDF) (1.47 MB)
- Farmland Application Form (PDF - 297.21KB)
- Change in Category of Land Application Form (PDF - 39.73KB)
- Valuation Amalgamation Request - Updated 2017
- Revenue Policy & Adopted Fees & Charges 2016/17
- Water Usage Charges Relief Policy (PDF - 85.93KB)
- Recovery of Outstanding Debt Policy (PDF - 215.89KB)
- Dialysis Rebate Policy (PDF - 112.62KB)
- Hardship Policy (PDF) (1018.59 KB)
- Pro Rata Service Charges Water & Sewer Policy (PDF) (158.29 KB)
Pay Your Rates
Pay your Rates through Australia Post Secure BillPay
Title Reference for your property?
The NSW Land & Property Management Authority has a free 3-step online search facility to locate the Land Title Number.
Rates Section - ph 6655 7397 during business hours
Why do you Pay Rates Factsheet (PDF - 91KB)
Special Rate Variation Information Centre
How to Apply for Waiver of Excess Water Usage Charges
NSW Valuer General Newsletters (NSW Government site)
NSW Ombudsman Fact Sheet - Having trouble with your rates and charges? (PDF) (76.3 KB)