Council has now created a Draft Keeping of Animals Policy.
The Policy identifies for the community any restrictions which may apply to the number and type of animals and highlights the responsible management of animals to promote fairness, integrity and good public administration. This Policy will also provide for clarity in the investigation of complaints about the keeping of animals and any potential unlawful activity.
The Draft Keeping of Animals Policy will be on public exhibition until 5.00pm on Sunday 8 January and Council is inviting submissions from the community.
The draft 2022-BSC-Draft-Keeping-of-Animals-Policy.pdf(PDF, 400KB) can be found on Council’s website, on the exhibition stand in the foyer of the Council Administration building and in each of the Shire’s libraries. Anyone wishing to make comments and provide a submission should do the following:
- Complete the ‘Have your say’ form below
- Submission can also be emailed to Council at the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please identify the part of the Policy your comments relate to
- If your comments are more general in relation to the entire Policy, please also state this in your submission
- Please attention your submission to the Group Leader, Building and Regulation
- Please place in the subject line of your email –Draft Keeping of Animals Policy submission
- Hard copy submissions should be mailed or dropped off at the Council Administration building at 33 Hyde Street, Bellingen.
Submissions must be received by 5.00pm on Sunday 8 January
For more information, please contact Council on 6655 7300