Bushfire Danger Period
The NSW Rural Fire Service (NSW RFS) advises residents in Coffs Harbour and Bellingen Local Government Areas (LGAs) that the Bush Fire Danger Period commenced on Friday 17 August 2018.
The Bush Fire Danger Period has been brought in early across much of the NSW North Coast due to the very dry conditions being experienced, and current fire activity.
From midnight Thursday 16th August until the end of the Bush Fire Danger Period, people wishing to light a fire in the open will require a fire permit, which are free and can be obtained from your local Rural Fire Brigade or Fire Control Centre,
For more information go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or contact the Coffs Harbour Fire Control Centre on 6651 6133.
The aim of the Fire Permit is to ensure fire will be used safely. A Permit imposes conditions on the way a fire is lit and maintained, and can only be issued by authorised Permit Issuing Officers.
The Permit system informs the authorities exactly when and where landowners intend to burn, to ensure adequate and appropriate measures are in place, so that fires remain under control.
Bellingen Shire residents should contact the RFS Mid North Coast Office on 6651 6133 to organise a fire permit.
Rural Fire Stations for the Bellingen Shire are located at:
- Boggy Creek - 32 Mahers Lane, Boggy Creek
- Bostobrick - 9-11 Muldiva Rd, Bostobrick
- Brierfield - 900 Bowraville Rd, Brierfield
- Darkwood - 1684 Darkwood Rd, Thora
- Deervale - 1920 Deervale Rd, Deervale
- Fernmount - 25 Hyde St, Fernmount
- Gleniffer - Cnr Gleniffer and Timboon Rd, Gleniffer
- Hydes Creek - 371 Hydes Creek Rd, Hydes Creek
- Kalang - 1819 Kalang Rd, Bellingen
- Kalang (Pump Shed) - 1772 Kalang Rd, Bellingen
- Megan (Dorrigo) - Richards Rd, Megan
- Mylestom - Rowley St, Mylestom
- North Bellingen - Northbank Rd, Bellingen
- Repton - 35 Forest Dr, Repton
- Scotchman - 649 Kalang Rd, Bellingen
- Thora - 10 Darkwood Rd, Thora
- Urunga - 5 Orara St, Urunga
- Valery - 711 Valery Rd, Valery
Local Rural Fire Service or RFS Mid North Coast on 6651 6133. Website: www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
NSW Rural Fire Service
The Rural Fire Service has a number of publications available to residents providing information on alternatives to burning, planning and preparation for a Hazard Reduction.