Connell Park Reverse Vending Machine
Latest News: Bins to be removed from 12 November 2018
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday - 7am to 10pm
Container Deposit Scheme:
The Container Deposit Scheme (or CDS) is an initiative from the NSW State government to reduce litter in the environment by 40% by 2020. The scheme began on 1 December 2017 and is similar to the South Australia and Northern Territory schemes.
What containers are eligible?
Most empty 150-millilitre to 3-litre beverage containers will be eligible for a 10-cent refund when presented to an approved NSW collection point.
Containers that are not included in the scheme and, therefore, do not qualify for a refund are:
- plain milk (or milk substitute) containers
- flavoured milk containers of 1 litre or more
- pure fruit or vegetable juice containers of 1 litre or more
- glass containers for wine and spirits
- casks (plastic bladders in boxes) for wine and casks for water of 1 litre or more
- sachets for wine of 250 millilitres or more
- containers for cordials, and concentrated fruit/vegetable juices
- registered health tonics
Containers must not be crushed and must be presented with a legible barcode.
There will be more than 500 collection points across NSW that may include reverse vending machines (RVMs) in your local shopping centre or shops, depot sites, existing recycling centres, or a combination of all.