Bellingen Shire Council has awarded $23,035 to 12 community organisations as part of Round 2 of the Community Support Fund, Community Event Sponsorship Fund and the Creative Placemaking Fund.
The Community Support Fund and the Community Event Sponsorship Fund encourages incorporated not-for-profit organisations to apply for funding to support local events as well as activities outside events that might include, but are not limited to, in-kind support, activities that support the broader community, small infrastructure projects and scholarships.
The Creative Placemaking Fund is a small grant program that aims to support creative industries and inspire the public to participate in transforming public spaces into bright animated places.
Bellingen Shire Mayor, Dominic King said, “It is always a pleasure to be able to assist our local community groups. This funding will achieve a number of positive outcomes for our community with young people and creative arts especially benefiting from this recent round.
The successful organisations in each of the funds are:
Community Event Sponsorship Fund:
- Arts Mid North Coast/Screenwave (Rec Ya Shorts Youth Film Festival)
- Readers and Writers Festival 2018
- Bellinger River Agricultural Society (EJ Mantova Memorial Art Prize)
- Bellingen Neighbourhood Centre Inc (Affordable Housing Forum)
Community Support Fund:
- Dorrigo Dramatic Club (Rates remission)
- Camp Creative (Scholarships)
- CHADARC (Annual radio licensing fee)
- Arts Council of Dorrigo Inc (Youth Arts Workshops)
- Arts Council of Dorrigo Inc (Creative Mountain Arts exhibition – hall fees)
- Bellingen Neighbourhood Centre Inc (Film production)
Creative Placemaking Fund:
- Arts Network Bellingen (Pulp – (Community art project)
- Dorrigo Plateau Music School Inc (Dorrigo markets performances)