Bellingen Shire Council (through Coffs Coast Waste Services) provides a Bulky Household Waste collection once each year to residential households in the Bellingen Shire which receive a kerbside collection service.
To avoid having your bulky household waste rejected from collection, there are some guidelines that need to be adhered to, and residents are reminded that putting their items on the kerb before their scheduled collection week may result in an on-the-spot fine for illegal dumping or littering.
To avoid having items rejected, your bulky household waste must:
- Not exceed three cubic metres in size (about the size of a standard box trailer);
- Be able to be safely lifted by two people and no more than 1.5m in length;
- Be neatly stacked, with small items boxed or bagged;
- Not contain hazardous waste such as gas bottles, paint and chemicals;
- Not contain car parts, tyres or batteries;
- Not contain builders waste, soil, sand or rocks;
- Not contain glass;
- Not contain general household waste or greenwaste;
- Mattresses will NOT be collected.
Items suitable to be placed out for collection include:
- White goods and household appliances such as fridges, washing machines, TVs;
- Bulky household items such as furniture, bikes, ironing boards, carpets and lino (up to 1.5m in length).
Wherever possible, please take reusable items to a charity store or to the Bowerhouse Reuse Centre at Raleigh Waste Management Centre.
If you need to know more, visit www.coffscoastwaste.com.au or call the Coffs Coast Waste Services hotline on 1800 265 495.