Council is seeking nominations from the community to become a member of the Bellingen Shire Coastal Estuary and Floodplain Advisory Committee.
The role of the Committee is to facilitate the reduction of the impact of flooding and flood liability on life and property, on the economic and social wellbeing of communities with due regard to the environment and sustainable development, by the development, implementation, ongoing operations, and maintenance of effective Floodplain Management processes and procedures.
Community members are sought with specific knowledge skills, expertise, connections or experience in local flooding with the committee structure being:
- 1 representative from each of the areas of Bellingen and Urunga
- 1 representative from State Emergency Services
- 1 Councillor representative
- Development Industry Representative
- 2 representatives from the Office Environment and Heritage
- Council’s Operations Engineer
- Council’s Deputy General Manager Operations
- Council’s Manager Asset Management and Design
- Council’s Manager Land Use Team
Applications are available by contacting Julie Spokes Support Operations on 6655 7300 and must be submitted by 4.30pm on 7 March 2018.