Five workshops will be available to participants at no cost, as part of the NSW Department of Primary Industries Pro Farm Course ‘Develop a Whole Farm Plan’.
“Both Council and Bellingen Landcare have a long term commitment in assisting landholders in the shire to adopt sustainable agricultural practices said Bellingen Mayor, Cr Mark Troy.
“Both organisations understand the importance of our agricultural industries and how they contribute to our community, added the Mayor.
Participants in the workshops will develop comprehensive farm plans covering topics such as:
- Soil health, soil conservation and rehabilitation of eroded areas.
- Sustainable grazing, horticulture and cropping practices.
- Management of invasive agricultural and environmental weeds.
- Identification, protection and enhancement of native vegetation,
- Identifying business objectives and the development of production plans.
The workshops will be delivered by NSW Department of Primary Industries staff together with local experts who have a comprehensive knowledge of local conditions and the issues which landholders need to manage farms sustainably in the Bellingen Shire.
Workshops will commence in February and places are limited, so interested people need to contact Phil Parbery on 0428 868 862 or email email@example.com.
Image supplied by Phil Parbery.