With the ‘Soldier’s Window’ now back in its original place, and other refurbishment works funded by the NSW Government’s Heritage Activation Fund nearing completion, it’s time to take a sneak peek at what is coming next.
With thanks to a $335,151 grant from the NSW Government’s Stronger Country Communities Fund and a further $3.3 million grant from Create NSW’s Regional Culture Fund, planning is well underway to transform the Memorial Hall into a vibrant arts and cultural Hub.
Initial concept plans have been developed and will be available for viewing at the Community Open Days.
Tours through the newly renovated upstairs area will also be running.
The Bellingen Memorial Hall is located in the main street of Bellingen, opposite the Bellingen Shire Council Chambers.
It is under the control of a management committee of Council to provide a community hall for the citizens of the Bellingen Shire and performance venue for other groups.
The hall is available for hire, at a very affordable fee, for functions, performances and teaching purposes.
Details as follows:
- Licenced for 600 people
- Fixed seating for 160
- Approx. 300 moveable chairs
- Stage area: 15m x 6.5m with a useable area for performance of 8.5m x 5.5m
- Open floor space 20m long by 15m wide between the fixed seats and the stage
- Air Conditioned *
- Male and Female toilets off the foyer
- Toilet and 2 showers plus a dressing room backstage for performers
- Grand piano (tuned as required) *
- Small upright piano *
- 2x 3 phase outlets, a 30 amp outlet in the open area and a 15 amp outlet in the stage area
- Also for hire below the stage is a supper room and kitchen, with basic cooking facilities.
small fee applies
Bookings: Waterfall Way Visitor Information Centre - 02 6655 1522