Due to recent increased rainfall in the catchment areas and improved river levels, Shire residents who receive a town water supply will transition from Level 4 – Severe Water Restrictions to Level 2 – High Water Restrictions, as from Tuesday 21 January 2020.
A summary of Level 2 Water Restrictions are:
- Sprinklers and soaker hoses are banned except for newly laid turf, in which case one (1) sprinkler is allowed to be used in the specified hours.
- Hours of hand watering will be 30 minutes every second day between the hours of 4.00pm and 9.00am on alternate days, odd and even numbered days matching house numbers.
- Micro-sprays and drippers/sub-surface can be used for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- No washing of houses or driveways. Topping up of pools in specified hours only.
- Vehicles must be washed with a trigger hose or pressure cleaner on a grassed area.
Council will continue to actively monitor the stability of recently improved river levels to ensure sustainable management of the town water supply and guide the ongoing management of Water Restriction Levels. Our community is encouraged to remain vigilant and maintain an ‘every drop counts’ approach towards all water consuming activities.
For more information on Water Restriction Levels and to discover ways you can save water visit our Create Page
The following water restriction table prepared by the NSW Office of Water for the North Coast of NSW ensures every Council in the region has the same water restriction levels and definitions, however trigger points when the restriction is imposed are set by individual Councils. The levels are:
- Water Conservation Measures
- Level 1 – Moderate
- Level 2 – High
- Level 3 – Very High
- Level 4 - Severe
Residential Water Restrictions Table - (What each level means)
Dorrigo, Bellingen & Urunga town Signage regarding current Water Restriction Levels
Application for Variation to Water Restrictions
Becoming an Authorised Water Carrier
Incident Response Management
Incident Response Management Plan (PDF - 99.85KB)
Pollution Incident Response Flow Chart (PDF - 190.7KB)
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Bellingen - Updated Nov 2019
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Dorrigo - Updated Nov 2019
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Urunga - Updated Nov 2019
Reading your Water Meter & High Usage Advice
How to Read your Water Meter (PDF - 58.15KB)
High Water Usage Advice (PDF) (205.07 KB)
How to Apply for Waiver of Excess Water Usage Charges
Council Related Activities - Water & Sewage
Water & Sewer Test Results
Water & Sewer Policies & Plans
- Water Supply & Sewerage Strategic Business Plans
- Water Charges Relief Policy (PDF - 91 KB)
- Low Presure Sewer Systems Policy - Adopted June 2017
- Water and Sewer Development Servicing Plan (PDF) (886.02 KB)
- Accredited Mono Sewer Package Pump Station Installers (PDF) (9.45 KB)
- Integrated Water Management Strategy (PDF - 57.31KB)
- Integrated Water Management Report (PDF - 542.72KB)
- Water Demand Management Plan (PDF) (1.88 MB)
- Drought Managment Plan (PDF) (2.24 MB)
- NSW Water Supply and Sewerage Benchmarking Report - 2012-2013.pdf (PDF) (7.64 MB)
Ways to Reduce Water Usage in and around the Home
NSW Office of Water - http://www.water.nsw.gov.au/Home/default.aspx