Current Water Usage
Due to the rainfall in the past few months and the changing of the seasons water consumption in Bellingen Shire has been falling.
In March residents used 96.7 ML of water which is below the long term average, whilst April is shaping up to be normal water consumption.
Residents are reminded that Bellingen Shire is on permanent water conservation measures labeled “C” on restriction tables, that means:
- No unattended residential hoses (e.g. sprinklers) are permitted between the hours of 9.00am to 4.00pm.
Current Status: Water Conservation Level (C) (effective from 17 October 2017)
Under the conditions of Council’s Water Extraction Licence, water restrictions must be imposed when flows in the Bellinger and Bielsdown Rivers reach certain trigger points.
The following water restriction table prepared by the NSW Office of Water for the North Coast of NSW ensures every Council in the region has the same water restriction levels and definitions, however trigger points when the restriction is imposed are set by individual Councils. The levels are:
- Water Conservation Measures (C)
- Level 1 – Moderate
- Level 2 – High
- Level 3 – Very High
- Level 4 - Severe
Bellingen Shire Residential Water Restrictions Table - Adopted April 2015
Dorrigo, Bellingen & Urunga town Signage regarding current Water Restriction Levels
Application for Variation to Water Restrictions
Becoming an Authorised Water Carrier
Bellingen Shire Council is a member of the savewater!® Alliance to bring you a range of water conservation programs.
Council commenced fluoride dosing its water supply system on 1 December 2010 for the Dorrigo, Bellingen and seaboard (Urunga, Repton, Raleigh, Fernmount and Mylestom) areas.
Incident Response Management
Incident Response Management Plan (PDF - 99.85KB)
Pollution Incident Response Flow Chart (PDF - 190.7KB)
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Bellingen
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Dorrigo
Pollution Incident Response Plan - Urunga
Reading your Water Meter & High Usage Advice
How to Read your Water Meter (PDF - 58.15KB)
High Water Usage Advice (PDF) (205.07 KB)
How to Apply for Waiver of Excess Water Usage Charges
Water & Sewer Test Results
Water & Sewer Policies & Plans
- Water Supply & Sewerage Strategic Business Plans
- Water Charges Relief Policy (PDF - 91 KB)
- Low Presure Sewer Systems Policy - Adopted June 2017
- Water and Sewer Development Servicing Plan (PDF) (886.02 KB)
- Accredited Mono Sewer Package Pump Station Installers (PDF) (9.45 KB)
- Integrated Water Management Strategy (PDF - 57.31KB)
- Integrated Water Management Report (PDF - 542.72KB)
- Water Demand Management Plan (PDF) (1.88 MB)
- Drought Managment Plan (PDF) (2.24 MB)
- NSW Water Supply and Sewerage Benchmarking Report - 2012-2013.pdf (PDF) (7.64 MB)
Ways to Reduce Water Usage in and around the Home
NSW Office of Water - http://www.water.nsw.gov.au/Home/default.aspx