At present, there are two local structure that are designated for the placement of memorial plaques, which is Urunga Boardwalk and the viewing platform at Mylestom behind the North Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
The applicant must cover the capital cost of the plaque and any maintainence costs for a five (5) year period.
Plaque application process
1. Fill in the Donate park furniture/plaque/tree application form found on our forms page.
2. Send the completed application form into council at email@example.com or drop the form into our Council Administration Centre.
3. If Council approves the application, you will receive an approval letter, which will include a maintenance agreement, plaque specifications and a private works quotation for your consideration (which will cover the installation costs). If Council does not approve the application, you will be notified.
4. Applicant will send back the signed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop the form into our Council Administration Centre.
5. Applicant will arrange/pay for plaque to be made.
6. Applicant will drop the plaque into the Bellingen Council Administration Building.
7. Council will install the plaque at the approved location.