A defibrillator is a small portable device designed to deliver a controlled electrical shock to restart the heart's normal rhythm. Defibrillators must be used in conjunction with CPR.
The first step in dealing with any sudden cardiac arrest is to call 000 and commence CPR as soon as possible.
Bellingen Shire Council maintain defibrillators at the following locations:
- Bellingen Visitor Information Centre: Waterfall Way
- Raleigh depot.
There are a number of community maintained defibrillators at various locations across the Shire. Council encourages community groups and individuals to register their AED's on the Service register: https://register.aed.nsw.gov.au/
AEDs are located in the following places:
- Bellingen Pharmacy - behind the counter
- Chrysalis Steiner School - Thora
- Council Admin Building
- Connell Park storage Shed - Connell Park
- Dorrigo Recreation Reserve
- Urunga Recreation Reserve
- North Bellingen Childrens Centre
- Thora Hall
If you are aware of a premises that has an AED but is not listed, please contact Council on 6655 7300 or email email@example.com and we will update accordingly.