Bellingen Shire's three libraries at Bellingen, Urunga and Dorrigo are part of the Clarence Regional Library (CRL). CRL have updated their circulation and membership Policy to reflect changes made when overdue fines were stopped in March 2020 and to introduce a new membership category for online members.
In March 2020 Council adopted the following:
- Stopping overdue fees for library items
- Wiping all overdue fees in a fines amnesty then implementing the no overdue policy.
- Suspend membership privileges after 28 days when items move to a lost status.
The new Circulation and Membership Policy
- Removes any reference to overdue fees
- Introduces a new membership category for online members
- Includes definitions relating to temporary membership.
To view the Policy click here
Hard copies of the Policy will also be on exhibition at Councils Administration Building and at each of the Shire libraries.
Anyone wishing to make comments on the new policy should do the following:
- Complete the 'Have Your Say' form below
- Submissions can also be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Please attention your submission to the Acting Manager Community Wellbeing.
- Please place in the subject line of your email - Clarence Regional Library Circulation and Membership Policy.
- Hard copy submissions should be mailed or dropped off at Council's Admin Building 33 Hyde St, Bellingen
Submissions must be received by Tuesday 29 November 2022.